SOUTH HAVEN, Mich. — A boil water advisory was issued for the 1200 blocks of M-43 in South Haven Sunday by the South Haven Area Water and Sewer Authority.
The advisory was issued due to a water main break which dropped the pressure below 20 psi.
- Lake Michigan: U.S. Coast Guard warns of Lake Michigan hazardous conditions
Customers in the affected area were told to boil water before consuming in order to destroy any harmful bacteria or microbes in the water.
Water for drinking, cooking, and making ice should be brought to rolling boil, boiled for two minutes, and then cooled before use.
The advisory was issued until further notice, according to SHAWSA representatives.
Water system officials are expected to notify customers when the water is safe for consumption.